RENU offers all connected member institutions 24-hour network monitoring with real-time downtime notifications and updates. Connected member institutions have access to their real-time traffic utilization graphs. Monthly downtime/incident reports are also sent out to all connected member institutions within the first week of every new month. The connected member institutions can view their traffic utilization graphs via cacti using their respective credentials.
The RENU NOC
Member institutions connected to the RENU network can report any issues/incidents regarding their connectivity to the 24-hour RENU Network Operations Center (NOC).
RENU NOC Contacts
The full RENU escalation matrix is below:
- Complaints and incidents can be sent to the RENU NOC email account - email@example.com
- The 24-hour RENU NOC phone contact is +256-783-979-515.
- If the above number is unreachable, please contact RENU Network Engineers on +256-781-487-706, +256-783-421-481, +256-779-255079.
- Contact the RENU NOC on +256-783-979-515
- If the RENU NOC is unreachable, contact RENU Network Engineers (firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +256-781-487-706, +256-783-421-481, +256-779-255079).
- If the RENU Network Engineers are unreachable, contact the RENU Chief Technical Officer (email@example.com, Tel: +256-772-666-336).
- If the CTO is unreachable, contact the RENU Chief Executive Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Network Traffic Composition
- Member institutions connected to the RENU network can receive reports showing deeper analysis into the composition of traffic from and to their networks. With these reports, member institutions can, for instance, tell the source and destination of their traffic. These reports are very useful in understanding the causes of congestion and bandwidth exhaustion in a network.
- To receive these reports please contact the RENU NOC.
- In August 2016, RENU joined the worldwide network of PerfSONAR nodes.
- PerfSONAR is a tool for end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting of multi-domain network performance. PerfSONAR provides network engineers with the ability to test and measure network performance, as well as to archive data to pinpoint and solve service problems that may span multiple networks and international boundaries.